Have you had your Vaccines? Adults need vaccines too.
Below are a few of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended immunizations for adults. Be sure to keep track of your immunizations with this Adult-Immunization-Record sheet.
Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td, Tdap)
- For all adults
- Needed every 10 years
- Prevents lockjaw, which can come from a cut
- Tetanus kills about 1 out of 5 people who get it
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Sexually transmitted virus
- Commonly leads to cervical cancer
- All women 19-24 years old
You may need other shots too. People with certain health conditions may also need:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Zoster (shingles)
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia caused by strep bacteria)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B (liver disease)
- Meningococcal (meningitis)
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov. Check with your doctor to see if you need these or other adult immunizations. Kentucky Spirit Health Plan Member Services can help you find a doctor, make an appointment or schedule transportation.